Monday, April 13, 2015

Spring Break 2k15

Finally! Everyone needed a break from school, especially because we haven't had one since February. My family is really indecisive so our destination changed from Chicago to Hawaii to Florida and Finally to Paris!! Unfortunately, my uncle died so that means that we have trip to Wisconsin. But that was just a small detour because the day after the funeral we were headed to France!!! 

We left for Paris at around 10 on Easter morning and we finally got to the airport and had to wait for about an hour... 
AHHHH!!


We finally got on and SURPRISE we got first class! Ahhhh!! I walked onto the airplane only to find out that they were lay-flat seats! This was gonna be a pretty fun 9 hour flight. The first thing they did when I sat down was offer me something to drink and some candied almonds. I got settled in as the flight attendants handed us our menus for the flight. There were 6 courses. SIX!!! First there was shrimp, then the soup and salad, then the main course (mine was steak), then dessert (I had an ice cream sundae) and then it was time for bed. During all of this of course I was watching movies on the TV screens this whole time. But then I got tired so I decided to go to sleep. If you were awake for the midnight snack you got cookies but if you weren't then your next meal was breakfast. You have an omelet or some oatmeal. Ya, I wasn't awake for breakfast so I just woke up and watched another movie for the last hour. And then we finally landed in Paris! 



It took a while to get past the passport check and out of the airport but we finally got out to the bus stop and in route to our hotel. We stayed in a cute bed in breakfast only a few blocks from the Eiffel Tower. And because it was about 9 in the morning in Paris, we still had a whole day of touristy things to do... And then after that 3 more days!!


Day 1: Please notice the guy in front.

Day 1: After we were settled into our hotel we were off to see the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs-Élysée. I think everyone knows about the Arc de Triomphe, but the Champs-Élyséé is the big shopping strip in Paris with lots of fun things to do. Since I forgot a jacket, we had to stop in the H&M and get me one which I certainly didn't mind. Then we just walked around and kind of explored. We got crêpes on the street and ate them while we walked. We walked around the Eiffel Tower and just soaked in the paris vibe. Oh did I mention it was my birthday? Well ya it was, so we went out to a fun restaurant, had some pizza and then called it a day. 






Day 2: Daddio and I at the
Palace of Versailles 



Day 2: We were up bright and early because we had a bike tour we had to get to. We were touring the city of Versailles. This was by far my favorite day because I would much rather bike all over than walk! Duh. So we got our bikes and off we went. Our first stop was the market. Our guide told us that this is where we're getting lunch to eat for later so he sent us off. We got fresh baguettes, cheese, fruit and salami and then we just walked around while we waited for everyone else in our tour. Then actually went to the grounds and learned a lot of history. So we rode and stopped, the rode more and stopped again for a few hours. We went into museums and to historical sites and before we knew it, the day was over. :(   So we walked home past the Eiffel Tower to take a few pictures, and then home so we could go to bed!





Day 3: Too Much Walkin


Day 3: This was our busiest day by far. We barely stopped moving! First we went to the museum where Marie Antoinette was held before she was killed. Then we walked to find a cute little restaurant for lunch. Then after a quick bite to eat we were off the see Notre Dame. It was beautiful and a lot of fun to see. After that we stumbled upon the lock bridge so we took a few pictures and moved on. We walked around a little bit more, enjoying the city and all it had to offer but then we went to the Louvre. We didn't go in, but we took some pictures and we happy with that. We kept going on a walk into the gardens in front of the Louvre and out of the caos.  Oh, at some point in this mess we managed to go to a different art museum that I had absolutley no interest in but whatevs. We went to get some snacks at the grocery store and then went back to the Eiffel Tower again at sunset. Then after the sunset we went out for dessert and talked. Then walked back to our hotel jumping and giggling but sad because this was our last night.





Day 4: Another early wake up, to get to the airport. We called a taxi and said our good-byes. Then we got back on the plane and took the 11 hour flight back home! I was sad, but at the same time super excited to get back on the plane!


Over all, this was the best trip I've ever been on. Paris is my new favorite city and I wish I was there right now. Oh well, i've got pictures and I'm sure we'll go back sometime soon! 

1 comment:

  1. I really love this post. It really paints such a vivid picture of your trip, and feels like we lived it with you!

    ReplyDelete