Friday, April 24, 2015

Seasonal Sensations: Jolly Rancher Lollipops and Lemonade

Yup you read that right. Jolly Rancher Lollipops. Just when you thought things couldn't possibly be any better, I throw that one at you. To me this sounds like the best thing ever. I always to a blog post about something good to eat/make according to the season and I think this one is my favorite. I found this idea originally on Pinterest but I've only tried it once. And that didn't really work out for me... I'm not quite sure what happened but I think I might have used the wrong type of paper underneath it because when I tried to peel them off, the paper came with. :( It was a bummer. 


Ingredients:

Photo Creds: ModernMom

- Jolly Ranchers (paired into threes)

- Sticks (Lollipop Sticks can be found at Walmart)



Equipment:

- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Non-Stick Spray


Instructions:

1. Pre-heat oven to 275ยบ
2. Unwrap all your Jolly Ranchers
3. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper and your non-stick spray
4. Lay your candy out in groups of three (usually in a line)
5. Place in oven for 7-8 minutes. Watch them, they should melt together
6. Take them out of oven IMMEDIATELY add the sticks
     - Turn stick once to coat 
7. Let them sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes
to harden


And that's how you make your own Jolly Rancher Lollipops. My spanish teacher makes them every quarter for the Student of the Quarter but I've never gotten them. That's ok though because now I can make them myself and have all I want! So ha. That was kind of a short recipe so here's another one just because! i've never tried it but it looks SO good! I'll have to try it later this summer. It's not just any normal, boring lemonade. It's raspberry peach lemonade! Does that sound good or what?! Here's the recipe just for you!


Photo Creds: DamnDelicious








Ingredients:

- 1/4 cup agave nectar
-  6 ounces raspberries
- 3 medium peaches, sliced
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice









Instructions:

1. In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup water and agave over medium heat until the agave has dissolved (about 1 minute)

2. Add raspberries and peaches, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until raspberries have broken down (about 5 minutes)

3. With the top cap removed, combine raspberry peach mixture in a blender until smooth, (about 1 minute)

4.  let cool completely before straining through a cheesecloth or fine sieve.

5. In a large pitcher, whisk together raspberry peach mixture, lemon juice and 5 cups water. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.

5. Serve over ice and raspberries, if desired.


If you have any more questions about this lemonade look on: DamnDelicious Sorry I couldn't really help much, I haven't ever made it! But have a fun summer and maybe you'll find a day when you can make these!


No comments:

Post a Comment